Microblog


Posted on March 7, 2016

OH at CocoaHeads: “Any advice for a new iOS developer?” “Yeah. Don’t try to sell apps in the App Store." It should be concerning to Apple that this is a real sentiment that was expressed at a real iOS developer meetup. It should be even more concerning to Apple that this sentiment is commonly held.

Read More


Posted on March 7, 2016

I have to say, paying 3.1% to Stripe is certainly less painful than paying 30% to Apple.

Read More


Posted on February 29, 2016

On days like today, I'm reminded that the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Read More


Posted on February 21, 2016

The good guys don't always win, and hard work doesn't always pay off. But still you try. You do your best to stack the odds in your favor and you hope for the best. Good advice for business, and for life.

Read More


Posted on February 15, 2016

I wonder if you could predict the content of Apple events by watching when Apple engineers tweet about going on vacation.

Read More


Posted on February 13, 2016

Your periodic reminder that “tech nerd” is at least somewhat derogatory. I’m a “tech geek,” if you please.  

Read More


Posted on February 12, 2016

I'm down to just 30GB free on my laptop. I sure hope Apple announces a new Skylake-based 15" Retina MacBook Pro at the March event.

Read More


Posted on February 12, 2016

I can't tell if this job posting is sincere or parody. All it's missing is a mention of rock stars or ninjas.

Read More